Friday, November 18, 2011

ME

     Out of all the artists living today I would have to say I like myself the best. I'm not saying that I have reached my full potiental, no far from it, or am I saying that I have sold more art work than other artists or for as much money (though I have outsold Van Gough while he was alive). No my reasoning is than if I and any other artist were drowning and I had a choice to save only one of us I would save me. Sorry to the other artists who might be reading this, but I'm sure you would make the same choice.
     I have been painting since I was very young. My parents still display an oil painting I did when I was 10 proudly along side other more mature and acomplished work, of course they ARE my parents, but on the other hand how many people who display drawings their kids did 40 yrs after the fact.









     I have gone through many reincarnations of myself as an artist and I now find myself interested in perusuing a quasi-abstract style that allows me to do my prelim's on photo's I have taken in photoshop before applying them to canvas. displayed here in my blog you will see some of the images I plan on painting in the next year or so (maybe) 

No comments:

Post a Comment